In case you are looking for a great meal which doesn’t leave you feeling guilty, and if you’re into healthy eating, we’ve got good news for you.
If you’ve heard of poke bowls, then yes it is in KK finally!
For those who have no idea what a poke bowl is, allow us to briefly describe:
Originated in Hawaii, a poke bowl serves as an appetizer and sometimes as a main dish. It’s a raw fish salad that serves as the main topping alongside with other side toppings you desire. The usual raw fish used in a poke bowl is a yellowfin tuna or salmon.
So where’s this place in KK that serves this poke bowl?
It’s in Biru Biru Cafe, Lorong Dewan.
Once you step into the cafe, you’ll see In A Bowl.
We’re saving you the hassle to guess what they serve by providing you with their menu.
You’ll be given this sheet to fill out your order.
Here’s what we ordered.
Left: Base- brown rice, Protein- salmon, Sides- edamame, purple cabbage, pineapples, carrots, mangoes, Toppings- ebiko, Sauce- spicy kimchi
Right: Base: baby lettuce, Protein- chicken, Sides- sweet corns, edamame, almond nuts, pickled cucumber, Toppings- ebiko, seaweed flakes, chia seeds, Sauce- house shoyu.
As usual, the phone camera eats first before you do. But who can you blame, this bowl is so colorful and vibrant it’s so Instagram worthy.
Here’s our verdict:
- A generous amount of ingredients
- Tasty and fresh
- Plenty of sides and toppings to choose from
- Could probably add more sauce options
- If you’re going with baby lettuce as the base, go for the non-savory sauce as it will be too salty for you
- Play around with your combination, you won’t get the perfect one the first time but you can definitely ask the staff to suggest some recommendations.
- Price is affordable starting from RM12.90
We are so excited to finally have poke bowls in KK and In A Bowl did not disappoint! Go try it out and oh one more secret, THEY SERVE SMOOTHIE BOWLS TOO!